Special sale price above. Original price: $14.95
If you’re ready to take the next step on the path of spiritual progress, these pages will provide you with the solid, faithful direction you need to develop a rich spiritual life, deepen it through regular prayer, and model it humbly in your relationships with others.
From these short, accessible chapters, you’ll learn how to identify the greatest challenges you face as you seek to live a spiritual life, and you’ll discover sound, proven strategies you can use to overcome each one of those challenges. Am I Living a Spiritual Life? will also show you:
Spiritual life is communion with God through prayer, and loving reflection on Him. When that proves difficult, turn to the wise counsel found in these pages. No longer will you wonder if you’re living a spiritual life, for your soul will soon be soaring upward to God and dwelling in happy contemplation of Him.
Read an excerpt.
I am writing about spiritual healing, which I think our world needs desperately, and this book is quite insightful about the human condition.
This is truly a good book on the spiritual life. Well written, easy to read and packed with great practical information. If you are planning to make a retreat, particularly a private, silent one, start here. If you are new to the spiritual life, this is a great tool for you. Even if you are more advanced, I would think one would find this book invaluable.
Part 1: Developing a Spiritual Life
1. Am I Living a Spiritual Life?
2. Listening to Our Life Call
3. In Need of Spiritual Direction
4. Calming Down to Deepen Spiritual Life
5. Growing in Inner Silence
6. Different Approaches to the Spiritual Life
7. Living in Reflective Meditation
8. Spiritual Reading and Presence to God
9. Formative Scripture Reading
10. Keeping a Spiritual Journal
11. Spirit of Poverty
12. Mortification in Modern- Day Spiritual Life
13. Asceticism and Spiritual Development
14. Play and the Spiritual Life
15. Freedom and Obedience
16. Spirituality and Addiction to Emotion
17. Spiritual Listlessness
18. Loneliness and Spiritual Growth
19. Faith and Fear of Death
20. Aging and the Dark Night of Faith
Part 2: Integrating Prayer and Participation
1. Retreat and Return to Reality
2. Assessing the Real Situation
3. Tension of Conflicting Calls
4. Inner Peace in the Midst of Outer Agitation
5. Involvement with Social Issues
6. Prayer and the Problem of Fatigue
7. Recovering Religious Attitudes
Part 3: Living Christian Community
1. Building Human Relations on Trust
2. Conflict in Community
3. Destruction of Community by Negativity
4. True Values in Community Life
5. Feeling at Home
6. Friendship in the Spiritual Life
Finding God’s Will for You
How to Pray Well
Seventeen Steps to Heaven
Prayer and the Will of God
Art of Praying, The
Get to Heaven Set: Save 30%