Meet the Holy Spirit — who dwells within you, loving you, sanctifying you, guarding you, and leading you in the ways of prayer and virtue
In these pages, Fr. Bede Jarrett helps you penetrate the great mystery of God's presence in our hearts. He explains the ineffable dignity that this presence of the Holy Spirit gives you, no matter how lowly your station or how small you may feel.
He shows you how to listen for the soft voice of the Spirit calling you from within, inviting you to know Him, to love Him, and to cooperate with Him in all things great and small.
No longer need you struggle alone. Let Fr. Jarrett show you how to grow close to the Holy Spirit — the Consoler — who Jesus sent to assuage your loneliness and renew your strength and your hope.
Among the things you’ll learn in The Little Book of the Holy Spirit:
Read an excerpt.
My cost overall was reasonable and it arrived in perfect condition. I'm giving this copy away because it's such a good read!
Each chapter is several pages in length. The style is clear, concise, and very personable no doubt as a result of a long preaching career. For those who journey in the liturgical churches, a suggestion might be that one read the book during the great fifty days of Easter. In addition, it would be a welcome text for adults preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Here is a memorable quote from Chapter 12: "I can begin to know God even as I am known, to taste His sweetness, and by His favor, to have experiential knowledge of Him. To act divinely is only possible by those who are made divine. This, then, becomes the formal union with God, its term, its end, its purpose. Therefore, we become deified in our essence by grace, in our intelligence by its light, and in our will by charity."
1. God is present in all things
2. God's presence is greater in some things than in others
3. God dwells most fully in the souls of the just
4. How God is present in our souls
5. We can experience God's presence in our own souls
6. We can love the Holy Spirit who dwells within us
7. His presence within us is a foretaste of Heaven
8. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all dwell within us
9. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit fills us with graces
10. God's forgiveness restores our friendship with Him
11. God's forgiveness completely removes sin
12. We can participate in God's divine nature
13. By adoption we are truly God's children
14. We are heirs to a divine kingdom
15. We must yield completely to God
16. God's gifts make us aware of His guidance
17. Being attuned to God leads to acts of virtue
18. God's gifts refresh and strengthen our souls
19. We can know God through His creation
20. Understanding penetrates the truths of the Faith
21. Wisdom sees as God sees
22. Counsel guides our decisions
23. Fortitude strengthens our will
24. Piety moves us to love God
25. Reverent fear is essential to our love of God
26. Grace is the life of the soul
Ways of God, The
True Devotion to the Holy Spirit
Little Book of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Classic Catholic Meditations
Spiritual Life, The
Patience and Humility